Wednesday, April 06, 2022

I Got the *Vid!

2+ years after the outbreak. 

I managed to stay ahead of it. But April 5th, 2022 was the day that I got to declare… Yeeppp I got the *vid! XD

Daamnnnn!


I’m one of those that quite cautious. I have bottles of disinfectant, sanitizer, those wipes, etc. I shampooed everytime I came back from any activity outside, and always spray all my belongings with those disinfectants/sanitizer. 

Nope, I didn’t 100% say no to dine out once a while and everything. I did that. On the other hand I also did the RAT test weekly. And if I didn’t feel good, I would stuck up at my place. Alone. Since I’m not that social anyway, so it didn’t really bother me :D

Yup, I went to cinema when it’s allowed. If I’m not mistaken, about 3x. For Spiderman, Poirot, and Batman. But then I’d always quarantine myself for almost a week before meeting anyone else again. 

Thanks to my super agile office (where I work, we already implemented WFH and agile working waayy loongg before -rona moment. Even when I started working here in 2013), so unless it’s really necessary I barely stepped my foot on the office. 


However, the seemingly easier condition perhaps got my guard a bit down.. On Monday I went for warehouse visit. Been around 3+years of me without active field visit, got me a bit weary. On Tuesday, the next day, I went to our lab for some testing. It also took the whole day. So, I was knackered. Really! So much that on Tuesday, after got home, I showered, and went to sleep before midnight - which baffling because usually, I go to sleep after the midnight. Because I just finished worked late in the evening, then I rest, then I take a shower, and then come the entertainment that usually drew me away for hours :D

So.. Moving on... On Wednesday I worked from home. On Thursday, a friend asked me out to try out this nice place around. I tested myself on Tuesday before went to the lab, got negative result, so I agreed. We had some things to catch up on too. So, why not? Well... this is why. Haha.. This is where I shouldn’t have done it.  Because 1, I was still kinda tired which means not in a 100% fit condition. 2nd, I just met quite of people for 2 days straight. I should’ve taken more time to “quarantine”. 

So we went out. 4 of us. Oh 2 of them were just back from work visit out town last Sunday. And I figured it’s Thursday already, should be okay. But I was wrong. One of them caught some flu. And after dinner, we went for PCR. 

Friday morning - April 1st, my friend told me the result… positive for Covid. Well… I was supposed to have an outing that day, but I of course couldn’t attend. So I went for PCR and the result was negative. But as per precaution and procedure, because I was in a close contact with vid positive person, so I need 5 days quarantine. Nope, unfortunately, not April Fool's ;p

Friday & Saturday were okay and fun. Nothing odd's happened. But on Sunday Morning around 10 or 11, I suddenly felt a bit of feverish and my head hurt like hell!! I swallowed headache pills, went for a nap. And when I woke up the crazy headache and fever still there.. So I tried again. I ate… but I threw up once.. But I consume meds again. This time a bit of flu started joined in. My body temp was still okay on range 36-37.0 Celsius degree. And the O2 saturation also around 99-96. So I thought perhaps just some sore throat or something like that.

I went to bed at night anxiously. I’ve woken up every other hour that resulted in me got so tired on Monday Morning. 

The fever had gone, the flue was still there a bit, but this diabolical headache were still there! It hurts so much up until my face felt like it got thousands of needles punctured on it. So, I ask for a sick leave, and granted by my boss. However, I still joined a few meeting tho that Monday. I threw up again once on Monday after eating my lunch.

And yup, I still consumed headache and flu meds.


Fast forward on April 5th (Tuesday), the last day of my 5days quarantine. I woke up feeling way better. The fever had gone, the headache also gone, but now the flu and dry cough chimed in.. whewww…

I went for my PCR at 8 in the morning. Then back to work (from home). Around 4 in the afternoon the result came andd jenggjenggg I tested positive! With CT quite low 17.7 and 16.79…

So, here comes all the positive Covid procedure. I’m really thankful I worked here. We have our own MOH team. So I reported it all to our doctor team, and within an hour I got all my data and tracing recorded, and on 7PM I got all my needed meds :) 

So… I have to self isolation for the next 8days until April 13th, then if the result negative by then, I will be declared graduated!!! :D


I’m grateful for my family, bunch of supportive friends with their vitamins, juices, and foods, awesome boss that said “do not think of work! Go ahead and rest!” Looveee~, and of course this lovely company with its lines of doctors that I bothered religiously. Oh and of course, the apartment staffs who helps me deliver my packages and foods so I don't have to move up and down thru elevator. Thank God for awesome supports You provided for me :)

Hopefully on April 13th all is gooonee! ~


Ps: the meds are THAT many...ewww! And I threw up again the 1st time I consume my antivirus… hmphhh. And that big one, you see? I can't imagine how I'm gonna swallow that! I'm bad at swallowing meds. Really... :/

My Covid Meds



Well, Godspeed! Yay! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your thoughts here!