Friday, July 15, 2011

ARCHIE Comics

Once again! I come with the announcement HOW I REALLY LOVE COMICS! :):)
I just forgot to put this one of bunches comics I like in this blog.
So, please welcome The ARCHIE COMICS :)

Archie Comics Logo from Cartoonart.org  . On Eva Tarida
I once knew this comics from one of my uncle - my mom's brother - He stepped by to our house one day when I was in elementary school, and in the middle of conversation he handed me this Archie comics. He said "This is not Japan comics like you usually read" So I went super curious and started reading.
Yeah, quoting from it's official website :
The Archie Comics line of comic books is one of the most successful, longest running brands in the history of the comic industry. Archie Comics have sold 1.5 billion comics and are published in a dozen different foreign languages and distributed all over the world. Archie Comics has spawned characters whose popularity has spilled over into other media and who have become part of popular culture. SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH and JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS are just some of the many legendary franchises that are part of the Archie Comics Library.
And I agree with above statement :)
Archie and Friends // Taken from here.  Eva Tarida
 However, I had it first already translated in Bahasa Indonesia. I have around 5 comics with Bahasa Indonesia translated. After several times, I forgot about it because of huge hurricanes of another great comics around me :) :) Then, when I went to the used books store, I found Archie comics again! Suddenly I remembered and started to hunted them again.
Unfortunately, I can only have Archie Comics in English by now :(

Eva Tarida few of  ARCHIE Comics Collection evataridablog
But that's fine, Thanks God I granted with a good skill in English, and amazing sense of humor ( haha ) I can barely understand what the stories are all about :) :)
Ah, and then I found out that they made the franchise of it with presenting us the Betty and Veronica, Jughead, The Pussycats, etc!
Hopefully, I can find another great Archie comics and friends of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your thoughts here!