Thursday, November 24, 2011

Save Our Orangutan

Orangutan. Pict taken from: http://www.orangutan.org/ 

I am not the kind of social person or whatsoever. i am more consider myself as creative individualistic person.
However, one time I read my twitter timeline full of @Putranababan RT'ed of #Orangutan matter. 
It attracted me for awhile, but then I moved on. Till I read @deelestari TL asking about @DrBirute twitter account. Well, this made me attracted.
Then I searched along and found out the terrible fact the people in our country has made on Orangutan. I was shocked reading those news.

@ The biggest threat to orangutans ten years ago was illegal logging. Today, is the palm oil industry. >> 

The slaughtered happened in Borneo really scratched my chest! I know how precious human being is, but, hell-o! Orangutans have their own right to live! And believe it or not, Our forest in Borneo and Sumatera are the best for Orangutan!

@ Orangutans are the only great apes of Asia, found in Southeast Asia on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra. >>



I searched more and found one donation program promoted via facebook. Which we have to doing votes, and the Community - Chase Community Giving - who has USD 3 millions to share will count the voters till the deadline, and give the share for the voted donation.
The vote has ended in Nov 22, 2011, and Orangutan Foundation International (OFI) got USD 25,000 share. :) 
I was following this news since Nov 15th, 2011 and this news excited me so much!!
I keep following and promoting also reminding people from my twitter account, so that people will realize the danger we are in now!

Well, I don't know, but this is the very first time I really interested in social matter like this. I even planned to sign up to Dr. Birute's Borneo tour to learn about Orangutan.

@ It's not their fault looking foods till your field it's you GUYS who STOLE their FOREST and FOODS to become your own sake field!

Let's make this world a better place. If we cannot doing great things, at least we can be a kind and nice person.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping your thoughts here!